Skippers Ticket Details and Requirements

Skippers Ticket Licence Perth


Every skipper of a registrable recreational vessel powered by a motor greater than 4.5kwp (6 hp) (RST vessel) is required to hold a Recreational Skippers’ Ticket.

A person aged between 14 and 16 cannot be in charge of an RST vessel unless they hold an RST.

Age restrictions also apply to this age group – vessels may be operated only during daylight hours and at a maximum speed of 8 knots.

If you’re between 14 and 25 you must hold an RST before you next skipper an RST vessel.

Our accredited trainers can provide you with all the information or you can also visit the Department of Transport Website for further details.

Interstate or Overseas Tickets

If you hold a valid/current interstate or foreign skippers’ ticket, recognised by the Department and listed in the skills recognition section of the Department of Transport Website and you enter Western Australia, as a visitor or with the intention of permanently residing in the state, it will be taken that you hold a Recreational Skippers’ Ticket until three months have elapsed since you entered the state.

After three months, you can apply for an automatic endorsement through Skippers Ticket WA.